Accounts Payable Specialist (financial district)
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA
What we are looking for -
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for many accounting functions within the finance department, primarily accounts payable, 1099s, and account reconciliations. The position also maintains vendor files and prepares journal entries as necessary. Occasional travel and after-hours work may be required.
You will -
• Process all accounts payable for Aspiriant through the A/P cycle. Enter invoices into QuickBooks accounting system, producing payable report, printing and mailing checks and initiating ACH payments.
• Set up and ensure ACH electronic payments are processed correctly.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
• Interface with Aspiriant personnel and vendors on invoice and payment inquiries.
• Review of accounts payable aging report, and follow up as appropriate regarding payment of old invoices.
• Lead general vendor relations, including maintenance of vendor database in QuickBooks. Ensure receipt of Forms W-9 from new vendors. Reconcile vendor statements as necessary.
• Assist the Senior Accounting Specialist with annually producing Forms 1099 for review and filing with tax authorities.
• Produce periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for management on certain expense line items.
• Prepare any necessary journal entries related to accounts payable transactions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
We want -
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent professional experience in business, investments, legal, or a related field.
• At least three years of accounting experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
• High degree of proficiency with QuickBooks.
• General computer application proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as Adobe Acrobat. Projector and Salesforce experience helpful.
• Strong analytical skills and methodical troubleshooting.
• Strong customer service orientation; comfortable working independently with all levels of employees.
• Capacity to prioritize a variety of tasks and heavy volume of work.
• Ability to work independently as well as under the direction of several people at once.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills within a diverse office environment.
We offer –
• Collaborative fun environment
• Generous 401(k) match
• Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
• Generous company contribution to medical benefits
• Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
• Paid firm retreats
We are –
ASPIRIANT IS A LEADING INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT FIRM.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘careers’ link in the footer and search for open positions in San Francisco. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows the guidelines for any applicable Fair Chance Ordinances.
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.