Payroll Manager (tenderloin)
San Francisco, CA
Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) is looking for Payroll Manager who wants to be part of an organization that positively changes lives!
THC provides supportive housing to formerly homeless single adults, many of which have mental health, medical and/or substance abuse issues. We believe in Housing First -- essentially that a homeless person's first and primary need is for a roof over their head. Other issues that may affect them, and that might affect their housing, can more easily be addressed after they are housed. In other words, everyone has a right to a home, regardless of any other issues they might face.
If this philosophy resonates with you, come be part of our team!
The Payroll Manager participates as a member of the Finance Department of Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC). This position is responsible for overseeing all accounting-related payroll functions and performing general control and review procedures in accordance with THC’s Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
• Manage THC’s KRONOS payroll system.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for all THC staff via KRONOS Workforce Central’s Timekeeping and Payroll modules timely and accurately.
• Create and revise policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of payroll processing.
• Track and process all employee garnishments and payroll deductions timely and accurately.
• Track and process all employee compensation timely and accurately
• Work closely with Human Resources to execute confidential employee actions timely and accurately in KRONOS Workforce Central ‘s HR module.
• Audit employee information in payroll system for completeness and accuracy.
• Train both Director of Finance and the Finance Manager to be accurate and timely backups in performing the bi-weekly payroll process.
• Prepare the bi-weekly payroll journal entries and payroll liabilities reconciliation
• Prepare monthly payroll allocations for contract invoicing, as needed.
• Perform payroll report generation, organization, and filing of payroll processing supporting documents.
• Maintain and update training materials for the KRONOS Timekeeping module.
• Train managers and line staff how to navigate, interpret information and preform processes in the KRONOS Timekeeping module.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience processing payroll and maintaining payroll records.
• Must have experience with KRONOS Workforce Central’s Timekeeping/ HR Payroll software.
• Must have a strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Must have strong skills in QuickBooks or comparable accounting software.
• Must have familiarity with government contracts.
• Must have the ability to assimilate relevant information and perform analyses.
THC offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and their eligible spouse/children, as well as a 403b plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, 12 paid vacation and 14 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays annually.
For more information and to express interest in this opportunity, please follow this link: https://www.thclinic.org/careers/details.php?180
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.